Creative Writing: Writing that goes outside the bounds of normal professional, journalistic, academic, or technical forms of literature...typically identified by an emphasis on narrative craft, character development, and the use of literary tropes or with various traditions of poetry and poetics. In other words...any writing of original composition!
Today's Blog Title: Angels in the outfield!
Why I chose this? The presence of Angels has been evident in my life, which has brought me to the conclusion that God has not nor had He ever forsaken me.
Psalm 91:11-12
11 For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. 12 On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.
What does this all mean? Verse 11, God often uses divine emissaries in the Old Testament. Sometimes biblical writers mention angels to avoid speaking of God's direct action, but that's not the case here. Verse 12, Emphasizes the detailed care and extreme measures that God's angels will take and guard you against even the smallest mishap of everyday life.
Which brings me to an encounter with these heavenly beings!
I was 16. It was Thanksgiving Day. We lived upstairs and my grandparents ended up buying the building and moved into the downstairs apartment when I was around 11. Everyone was downstairs, but I had to go get something for my mom upstairs. I knew the porch stairs like the back of my hand. I had been going up and down them since I was 7 yrs old. On my way back down, I was flying down those stairs like nothing. I ended up losing my footing and was hanging halfway over the banister. As I tried to stop myself from falling over...gripping the banister tighter...I could feel myself going over. Just as my 2nd foot was lifting off the step, I felt my shirt being pulled from the back. I was pulled back onto the steps. I swallowed my stomach back down, turned around and said “thank”...? I thought my brother had come out from upstairs right behind me and caught me in time, but no one was behind me. I thanked God at that moment for sparing me from that fall. I would’ve either ended up with a broken arm from trying to hold on or I would’ve slammed into the wall on the downstairs flight that was covered with the sharp nails sticking out into the porch from the outside of the house that were nailed in from the aluminum siding. Either way...it was not gona end well for me. God showed mercy on my clumsy self...LOL. God's angel sure did guard me against my small mishap.
Let's look at a mishap I witnessed when I was about 8 yrs old. We were on our way to my grandparents (mom’s parents). My grandfather was driving in front of us with my grandma, aunt and 2 cousins, ages 4 and 5. I was in my mom’s car with my 2 brothers, ages 6 and 3, following my grandfather. As we turned down their street, my younger cousin fell out of the car. I think she was leaning out of the window too far. Thank God my grandfather was only going 5-10 mph...but she rolled all the way to the parked cars. My mom slammed on the breaks...my mom and aunt were screaming. It seemed like it took my aunt forever to get out of the car and get my cousin...but in the time it took her to go to her, a man wearing all white...a white suit with a white hat, came to my cousin and picked her up from the street, took her to the sidewalk and made sure she was ok. He walked away and disappeared when my aunt got there. My aunt, mom or grandparents couldn’t understand how my cousin got to the sidewalk by herself. We explained there was a man with a white suit who helped, but they said they didn’t see a man there. We all knew he was an angel. My cousin didn’t have one scratch on her!
Everyday mishaps matter to God. Why He chose to save me from that fall down the stairs or saving my cousin from getting hurt when she fell out of the car...only He knows the answer to that. God gives us more chances than we can count, even if we do have more mishaps than others.
No comments:
Post a Comment